CIBTAC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Services with Level 3 Award in Facial Electrotherapy Treatments
The CIBTAC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy Services with Level 3 Award in Facial Electrotherapy Treatments is an international qualification recognised in over 30 countries worldwide and is perfect for those who want to focus on learning aesthetic beauty treatments without the body treatments. The qualification is accepted as a prestigious award of competence within the industry, where graduates are able to gain work upon completion in the industry, or progress onto the more advanced Level 4 courses in beauty such as Laser and Advanced Aesthetics. An LSBM certificate in Gel Polish Application is also awarded upon completion of this course and is exclusive to LSBM students.
Students are taught in a friendly, professional environment to the highest industry standards in all aspects of Aesthetics. As well as the general course of study, students will be set regular homework and assignments to complete during the course, along with practical experience in our commercial salon - LSBM Salon & Spa, where you will undertake treatments on paying clients.
Students will graduate with the confidence and skills required to excel within the industry and will be fully qualified in all areas of aesthetic beauty treatments.
Only a 25% Deposit is required to secure your place on this course if the course start date is more than 1 calendar month away. International students will need to pay an International student fee. Any courses with a start date less than one calendar month away will be required to pay full balance. To discuss payment plan options, please call the administration team on 020 7776 9766.
- Manicure – regular painting techniques, french polish, hand massage and warm oil/paraffin wax application
- Pedicure – regular painting techniques, french polish, luxury spa pedicures, foot scrub and foot massage
- Facial and Skin Care – incorporating massage, mixing and application of face masques, steaming, extraction and product knowledge
- Waxing – using both hot wax and strip wax methods
- Eyelash and eyebrow Services – including eyelash and eyebrow tinting and shaping
- Introduction to Basic Make-up Application
- Electrical Facial Treatments – including Micro-current non-surgical lift, Vacuum Suction, Galvanic and Faradic E.M.S. machines
- Anatomy and Physiology of the whole body
- Client Consultation
- Contraindications to therapies
- Retail Sales
- Salon Management Fundamentals
- Product Knowledge
- Diet and Nutrition
- Artistic Gel Polish Application – lasts at least 14 days, chip free, high gloss, soak off nail polish
- MURAD – Blemish Control, Soothing & Relaxing, Anti-Ageing, Vitamin C Infusion and Resurgence Renewal Facials
Commercial Salon Experience
Students will also participate in our student salon* (LSBM Salon & Spa) once they have built up a certain level of competency with treatments. Our salon is run by professional therapists and is open throughout the year, therefore we have a large client base for both our professional therapists and our student therapists.
* Although the ‘normal’ study hours are 9am–5pm, you will also be required to practice your treatments in our student salon on a fairly regular basis, which will include late nights. In the case of late nights, time off in lieu is granted (usually by means of a later start time).
Upon completion of the course, students will receive the following qualifications:
- CIBTAC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy services
- CIBTAC Level 3 Award in Facial Electrotherapy treatments
- LSBM Certificate for the Application of Gel Polish
- The minimum age for entry is 18 years – no exceptions.
- A high level of English is required. You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently (Suggestion of TOEFL score of 550 or higher for students when English is not their first language).
- No previous experience required, although a good general education is essential for this demanding beauty therapy course.
- An informal face-to-face interview is required to discuss the course in detail. A telephone interview will be arranged for students who cannot attend a face-to-face interview.
- International students requiring a visa will need to apply for a Short Term Study visa.