CIDESCO upgrade Beauty Therapy
Upgrade your current qualification to the most prestigious CIDESCO Internationally recognised Beauty Therapy & SPA Qualification and rise to the top of the recruitment ladder. CIDESCO Therapists are in demand and can work Internationally, be that on cruise ships or in luxury 5* Hotels & Spas.
The CIDESCO upgrade Beauty Therapy and SPA Programme is an internationally recognised qualification and known for producing therapists of the highest standards. The CIDESCO Beauty & SPA Qualification is the most highly regarded beauty qualification worldwide, where graduates can work in 40 countries across 5 continents.
The upgrade programme is ideal for any student looking to upgrade their current examination based qualification to a CIDESCO International Beauty Therapy Diploma and SPA Diploma.
Only a 25% Deposit is required to secure your place on this course if the course start date is more than 1 calendar month away. International students will need to pay an International student fee. Any courses with a start date less than one calendar month away will be required to pay full balance. To discuss payment plan options, please call the administration team on 020 7776 9766.
CIDESCO BEAUTY THERAPY
CIDESCO INTERNATIONAL BEAUTY THERAPY DIPLOMA
- Diet & Nutrition
- Skin & Dermatology
- Make-up Application
- Chemistry & Cosmetic Science
- Case Study of Students Choice
- Business Plan Creation & CV Writing
- Interview Techniques
EXCLUSIVE TO LSBM
- Aromatherapy – an introductory study into the extraction, distillation and blending of thirty essential oils from plants, plus relevant massage movements.
- Reflexology – you will be introduced to the five energy concepts and meridians of Chinese medicine; the underlying history and philosophy of Reflexology; reflex areas in the foot and their connection to the body’s systems, pressure-point massage and the contra-indications.
Commercial Salon Experience
Exclusive to LSBM in the LSBM SALON & SPA
Students will also participate in our commercial salon* 'LSBM Salon & Spa' once they have built up a certain level of competency with treatments. Our salon is run by professional therapists and is open throughout the year, therefore we have a large client base for both our professional therapists and our student therapists.
* Although the ‘normal’ study hours are 9am–5pm, you will also be required to practice your treatments in our student salon on a fairly regular basis, which will include late nights. In the case of late nights, time off in lieu is granted, usually by means of a later start time.
Once the CIDESCO Beauty and SPA examinations are complete, you will be required to undertake 600 hours of salon experience before receiving the CIDESCO Beauty & SPA Diplomas. These hours can be achieved during your first job in any professional salon or spa in the world, provided you have the right to work in that country.
On completion of the CIDESCO upgrade, students will receive the following qualifications:
- CIDESCO Beauty Therapy International Diploma
- CIDESCO Spa Therapy International Diploma
- The minimum age for entry to this qualification is 18 years - no exceptions.
- Candidates must hold a Level 2 and 3 (or equivalent) Beauty Therapy qualification by an examination based awarding body such as CIBTAC, ITEC or City & Guilds.
- An excellent level of English is required. You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently. You may be asked to sit an entry test to study for this qualification.
- A face-to-face interview with a CIDESCO lecturer is required for entry onto this course, for international students this will be in the form of a telephone interview.