Delforge & Co Business Module certificate in Budget Planning & Forecasting
The goal at the end of this module is for the trainee to be able to produce, budget and forecast for their own business. Attendees will have a clear understanding of how to create year on year growth and learn how to create effective targets to reach maximum commercial potential.
Forecasting your figures allows you to manage your rotas effectively, generate vital marketing activities and understand where the business needs improvement. Leave with a budget and forecast plan of action to increase your revenue, reduce your costs and forecast activities. You will also understand the theoretical tools to understand the importance of budgeting, learn how to use the practical tools to follow year on year and become strategic in decision making and understand the digital tools to increase your awareness in budget planning.
The course is taught and run by Valerie Delforge who has been a respected face in the Beauty industry for over 25 years, and has not only successfully achieved all set targets and inspired teams to deliver high standards expected in high-end salons but has also helped businesses to reach year on year strategic growth. From Clarins, Urban Retreat in Harrods, L’Occitane to Steiner as well as having had her own business, Valerie recognises the various challenges owners and managers are facing. As a commercial trainer and coach, she created specific workshops to support Owners, Managers, senior staff members and Beauty Therapists to achieve their best.
Only a 20% Deposit is required to secure your place on this course if the course start date is more than 1 calendar month away. International students will need to pay an International student fee. Any courses with a start date less than one calendar month away will be required to pay full balance. To discuss payment plan options, please call the administration team on 020 7776 9766.
At the end of this module, the trainee will be able to produce, budget and forecast for their business. You will have a clear understanding of how to create year on year growth and learn how to create effective targets to reach maximum potential.
Forecasting your figures allows you to manage your rotas effectively, generate vital marketing activities and understand where the business needs improvement.
This module is aimed at:
- Beauty Therapists who want to start their own business
- Future Managers who want to learn how to develop a budget and learn how to forecast
- Existing Owners and Managers who are keen to set financial goals.
- Suitable for CIDESCO & VCTC Level 3 students who want to become managers
- This module is aimed at anyone who wants to learn about budgets. Whether you love numbers or are petrified, the tools will bring clarity to your financial situation
Leave with a budget and forecast plan of action to increase your revenue, reduce your costs and forecast activities:
- Theoretical tools to understand the importance of budgeting
- Learn how to use the practical tools to follow year on year and become strategic in decision making
- Understand the digital tools to increase your awareness in budget planning
Follow up and evaluation
The trainee will be supervised by the trainer during the exercises and workshops. Tools will be put in place to monitor the progress of the training as well as the achievement of its objectives:
- A Questionnaire of Satisfaction completed by the trainee at the end of the training
- Certificate of completion at the end of the training
- Call for follow-up of Training within 3 weeks to assess understanding and implementation
- Supporting material will allow the trainee to write the key points and follow the flow of this module
- Supporting documents will be sent via mail when the module is finished
Morning: The successful budgeting
- What is a budget and why do we need one?
- Discover the permanent variable costs and what to consider when it comes to budgeting
- Stock management for the better
- Cost of Goods and how to create a profitable treatment menu
Afternoon: Understanding the P&L
- What does the P&L look like and how to use it?
- Learn how to increase your revenue and reduce key costs
- Discover your breaking point and how to achieve it week on week
- Introduction to forecasting: what do you need for it to be efficient?
- Week on week management of the figures
- Optimise busy and quiet days through forecasting
Afternoon: Manage your Occupancy Rate
- Learn how to calculate the Occupancy rate
- Optimise your diary for the better
- Yield management – Definition and management of tools available
- Calculate your average revenue rate and understand the impact on the budget
Morning: Targets and KPIs
- Increase each team member’s profitability
- Set realistic targets for the business
- Individual plan: KPIs and motivational tools
- If you have a business: analyse and create your budget and forecasting for the next quarter
- If you don’t have a business yet: create a budget and forecasting for the next quarter of a real live anonymous business
For more information on Valerie and her courses please click here.
Upon completion of the 3-day course you will receive:
- Delforge & Co Business Module certificate in Budget Planning & Forecasting
- Learners must be at least 18 years of age.
- An excellent level of English is required. You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- Business-casual dress code.