Female Intimate Waxing with Sam Marshall
An essential service for modern waxers. This popular course will teach therapists how to deliver quick and comfortable Brazilian and Hollywood waxing for female customers. As well as covering the essential theory, delegates will watch a full demonstration and get to perform and receive a Brazilian waxing treatment under the guidance of our female trainer, using the latest generation of hot wax.
This is a highly profitable service with the treatment time anything from 15 to 45 minutes, depending on experience and speed. The advantage of this type of treatment is that your clients actually prefer to be in and out rather than taking the full time! Treatment costs sit between £1.50 and £3.00, and the average charge is around £25-£30.
If this is not on your treatment menu, it certainly should be as over 90% of bikini waxes performed in salons are Brazilians and Hollywoods, with standard bikinis being rarely requested. Just 5-8 clients will pay off the course and once you get going you should be doing that many in a day! This course is taught by expert waxer Sam Marshall.
Only a 20% Deposit is required to secure your place on this course if the course start date is more than 1 calendar month away. International students will need to pay an International student fee. Any courses with a start date less than one calendar month away will be required to pay full balance. To discuss payment plan options, please call the administration team on 020 7776 9766.
What you will learn
Sam's course is thorough yet fun and students always leave feeling like they can do another 3-5 models and then face whoever gets on their couch.
- Health, safety and legal practices
- Client consultation and effective communication
- Types of waxing shapes and techniques
- Suggested treatment timings and costings
- How to recognise contra-indications and methods of referral
- How to recognise and deal with skin reactions (contra-actions)
- Equipment and materials used in the treatment and hygiene, care and maintenance
- How to carry out the intimate waxing services in the range safely and correctly
- How to provide the correct aftercare advice
- Practical demonstration and application on 2 models
- Please bring in your own model to arrive by 11.45am, please note that you may have to share your model with another therapist
About Sam Marshall
The Beauty Guru is a beauty expert with extensive knowledge that has been regularly seen in print, including The Manchester Evening News and THE Magazine, Sam brought the Brazilian wax to Manchester in 2004, as Beauty Manager at Urban Retreat in the prestigious Harvey Nichols and quickly became an expert in her field.
Sam then embarked to train her team, creating Manchester’s elite waxers – renowned for their discretion, speed and ability to put their somewhat apprehensive clients at ease within minutes.
Sam’s accredited courses are in high demand passing her skill to the next generation of professionals Sam also sits on the Habia Professional Registers Advisory Committee and is also a member of the Habia Skills Active Advisory Committee.
“I’m incredibly proud to be part of the Habia Skills active register advisory committee. I’m passionate about the standards in my industry and see the Professional Register as an invaluable tool for consumers seeking out highly skilled, correctly trained and fully insured therapists.”
- Level 2 Waxing Qualification and have decent experience in bikini waxing
- Aged 18 years or older
- Have a good level of English language and a good understanding of English
- Students are expected to wax each other and have at least two week’s hair growth from shaving, and four weeks from waxing. If students do not wish to be waxed a model must be provided by the student
- All students must bring in a model from 11.45am, please note you may have to share your model with another therapist