VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy Diploma
The VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy Diploma will provide you with a well-rounded education for the most commercial aspects of beauty including Manicure & Pedicure, Facials, Waxing, Brow & Lash Treatments.
The course will provide good employment opportunities upon graduation and creates the perfect foundation for further study. You may wish to progress onto the full Level 3 Beauty Therapy Including Spa Treatments course after the completion of your Level 2 to expand your treatment offerings, knowledge and further increase your potential career opportunities.
The Level 2 course can be studied full-time, part-time or on Saturdays providing you with the flexibility to study a course while managing the other commitments in your life.
After the successful completion of the assessments, students will gain work experience at our on-site LSBM salon&spa where all treatments will be provided to paying clients in a professional environment and overseen by our Pro Therapists . This will be for 4 weeks if studying full time, or 6 weeks if studying part time to gain commercial salon experience*.
Only a 25% Deposit is required to secure your place on this course if the course start date is more than 1 calendar month away. International students will need to pay an International student fee. Any courses with a start date less than one calendar month away will be required to pay full balance. To discuss payment plan options, please call the administration team on 020 7776 9766.
Facials and Skincare
- Skin Analysis
- Cleansing, balancing, toning & moisturising
- Steaming, Extraction and Full Facial Massage
- Selecting, mixing and applying tailor-made face masques
- The theory in this module involves the anatomy & physiology of the upper torso; including the muscles, bones, blood and nerve supply
- Theory of the skin
- Two different methods of hair removal; hot bees wax and cream strip wax
- Techniques for waxing all areas of the face and body
- Theory work on hair growth and patterns
- Post treatment care techniques
- Consultation and selling skills
Lash & Brow Treatments
- Patch test techniques
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting
- Eyelash perming techniques
- Eyebrow shaping
Manicure & pedicure
- Maintenance and care techniques for the nails, the skin of the hands and feet
- The application of colour to the nails on both hands and feet
- French manicure and pedicure techniques
- Paraffin wax and warm oil treatments
- Theory of this unit includes an in-depth study of the structure of the nail as well as the anatomy and physiology of the rest of the lower leg and forearms
- Contraindications to all treatments
- Client consultation & selling techniques
- Salon reception skills and management duties
Commercial salon experience
In the LSBM Salon & Spa
*Although the ‘normal’ study hours are 10am–5pm, you will also be required to practice your treatments in our student salon at the end of your class time, the salon is Monday to Thursdays 11am-7pm.
- 20th April 2019, 4th May 2019, 25th May 2019, 24th August 2019, 21st December 2019 and 28th December 2019.
Assessment includes the completion of a portfolio which will need to be handed in within 6 weeks of completing the course. Practical assessments will be carried out in class before moving on to gain commercial experience in the 'LSBM Salon & Spa'.
Upon completion of the course you will receive the following certificate:
- VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy Studies Diploma
- The minimum age for entry to this beauty therapy diploma course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- No previous experience required, although a good general education is essential for this course.
- An excellent level of English is required to attend this course, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- International students will be required to gain a 'Short-term Study Visa', however, we do not accept International Students for the Saturday course or the part time options.