VTCT Level 2 Manicure & Pedicure Certificate
This course provides training in professional manicure and pedicure skills, leading to an industry recognised VTCT Level 2 qualification. Upon course completion, you will be able to offer a wide range of practical services including; traditional manicure and pedicure with cuticle work, flawless colour polish application, french polish, paraffin wax & oil treatments, massage of the hands and feet, gel polish services and understand a range of nail shapes. Alongside the practical treatments, you will also gain a thorough understanding of the Anatomy & Physiology related to manicure and pedicure services, which includes an in-depth study of the nail structure and the Anatomy & Physiology of the lower leg and arm.
After course completion, you may wish to progress onto an advanced nail technician course and gain employment in a nail bar, or you may wish to continue your studies and complete the other Level 2 Beauty modules to gain your full Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification.
Students will gain commercial salon experience in our on-site LSBM Salon & Spa, where all treatments will be provided to paying clients in a professional environment and overseen by your tutor and our Pro Therapists.
Only a 20% Deposit is required to secure your place on this course if the course start date is more than 1 calendar month away. International students will need to pay an International student fee. Any courses with a start date less than one calendar month away will be required to pay full balance. To discuss payment plan options, please call the administration team on 020 7776 9766.
Manicure & Pedicure
- Maintenance and care techniques for the nails, skin of the hands and feet
- The application of colour to the nails on both hands and feet
- French manicure and pedicure techniques
- Paraffin wax and warm oil treatments
- Application of Artistic Gel polish, a high-gloss long lasting nail polish which is cured under an LED lamp and lasts for up to 14 days chip-free. (for Saturday students this will be offered as a CPD course midweek, if students would like to learn Gel Polish. It is not part of the standard Level 2 qualification, but an added bonus that LSBM offer)
- Theory of this unit includes an in-depth study of the structure of the nail as well as the anatomy and physiology of the rest of the lower leg and forearms
Commercial Salon Experience
IN THE LSBM SALON & SPA
Students will also participate in our student salon* (LSBM Salon & Spa) once they have built up a certain level of competency with treatments. Our salon is run by professional therapists and is open throughout the year, therefore we have a large client base for both our professional therapists and our student therapists.
*Although the ‘normal’ study hours are 9am–5pm, you will also be required to practice your treatments in our student salon on a fairly regular basis, the salon hours for weekday students are 11am-7pm.
You will be assessed on your practical skills in waxing throughout the course and will be required to submit a portfolio for assessment.
Upon completion of the course you will gain the following qualification:
- VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Nail Treatments
- The minimum age for entry to this beauty therapy diploma course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- No previous experience required, although a good general education is essential for this course.
- An excellent level of English is required to attend this course, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- International students will be required to gain a 'Short-term Study Visa'.