VTCT Level 2 Waxing Certificate
This VTCT Level 2 waxing course provides training in various methods of professional waxing and hair removal. Hair removal is a very profitable service to offer your clients and is an essential skill required in any commercial salon. You may also want to use this qualification to become a specialist waxing technician and work in one of the many wax bars that only offer waxing services to clients. You will learn how to wax the following areas; Eyebrow, Underarm, Half Leg, Full Leg, Bikini Line, Upper Lip & Chin. You may also wish to progress onto our 1-day Intimate Waxing course, where you will learn how to wax for Hollywood, Brazilian, Extended Thong and Posterior Treatments.
This course also provides you with the flexibility to add on the other Level 2 modules, where you can eventually upgrade your qualification to the full Level 2 Beauty Therapy Diploma, and can be studied part-time, either at the beginning or at the end of the week.
Students will also gain practical experience on paying clients in our LSBM Salon & Spa, where you will work in a professional salon environment alongside our Pro Therapists in private individual treatment rooms.
Only a 20% Deposit is required to secure your place on this course if the course start date is more than 1 calendar month away. International students will need to pay an International student fee. Any courses with a start date less than one calendar month away will be required to pay full balance. To discuss payment plan options, please call the administration team on 020 7776 9766.
Techniques & Theory
- Techniques for hair removal from all areas of the body and face
- Two different waxing methods: hot bees wax and cream strip wax
- Use of chemical depilatory products
- Studying the structure of the hair and hair growth patterns
- Post treatment care techniques
- Contraindications to treatments
- Client consultation & selling skills
Commercial Salon Experience
IN THE lsbm salon & Spa
Students will also participate in our student salon* (LSBM Salon & Spa) once they have built up a certain level of competency with treatments. Our salon is run by professional therapists and is open throughout the year, therefore we have a large client base for both our professional therapists and our student therapists.
*Although the ‘normal’ study hours are 9am–5pm, you will also be required to practice your treatments in our student salon on a fairly regular basis, the salon hours for weekday students are 11am-7pm.
You will be assessed on your practical skills in waxing throughout the course and will be required to submit a portfolio for assessment.
Upon completion of the course you will gain the following qualification:
- VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Depilation
- The minimum age for entry to this beauty therapy diploma course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- No previous experience required, although a good general education is essential for this course.
- An excellent level of English is required to attend this course, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- International students will be required to gain a 'Short-term Study Visa'.