MASA – Session Hair Styling
This five-day intensive course is ideal for those who wish to acquire additional skills in dressing hair for Bridal, Fashion, Media & TV. Learners will receive a MASA (Make-up Art Standards Authority) D100 Module Certificate in Fashion & Media Hairstyling.
This course is suitable for those with no prior hair experience, and for artists who would like to introduce hair to their existing make-up skills. It is now more important than ever to offer hair styling alongside make-up services in the freelance industry and is a highly desirable skill.
You will learn all of the core hairstyles and skills needed to work in the industry and offer hair services alongside your current skill set. Having hair skills under your belt will also put you in good stead when wanting to assist more established artists in the Fashion & Beauty Industry.
All Hair courses are taught by practicing freelance make-up and hair artists meaning that you will gain the most up-to-date skills and techniques in a professional environment.
There will be a small amount of course work with this module, where you will need to produce hair charts and evidence this with before & after photographs in order to gain the certificate from MASA.
Only a 25% Deposit is required to secure your place on this course if the course start date is more than 1 calendar month away. International students will need to pay an International student fee. Any courses with a start date less than one calendar month away will be required to pay full balance. To discuss payment plan options, please call the administration team on 020 7776 9766.
Session Hair Styling
- Hair Structure & Anatomy- understand the structure of the hair and how to identify condition, density and texture
- Client Care, Products & Hygiene – client consultation, product selection and performance, proper sanitisation of tools
- Equipment & Tools – the correct use of styling tools and tricks of the trade
- Product Training – how to prepare hair with the appropriate products to set the hairstyle
- Blow Drying Techniques – straight & curly
- Roller set and Root Movement Theory
- Pin Curling
- Different Curling Techniques – heated tools
- The Perfect Pony Tail
- Twisting and Pinning Hair
- Preparation for Putting Hair Up
- Understanding Different Hair Lengths and Behaviours
- Bridal Hair Styles & Accessories
- Various Styles for Dressing Long Hair i.e. Chignon, French Pleat, Classic bun
- Back Combing/Brushing
- Hair Pins and Accessories – the different uses of hair pins and accessories
Requirements & FAQ's
- In order to pass the course each student must have attended 100% of the teaching time. Photographic work must be included in your portfolio showing all the variations you have achieved. ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots are required to demonstrate the transformation you have made to the hair.
- This course doesn’t cover colouring or cutting.
- Hair Models are not provided – practical work is achieved on fellow student classmates and dolly heads.
Learners will be required to submit a portfolio of evidence upon completion of the course, with ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots to demonstrate the transformation you have made to the hair.
Upon completion of the course, learners will receive the following certificate:
- D100 Module Certificate in Fashion & Media Hairstyling
- No previous experience is required to attend this course.
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- An excellent level of English is required to attend this course, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- International students will be required to gain a 'Short-term Study Visa'.