VTCT NVQ Level 2 Foundation Make-up Certificate
This intensive course incorporates 2 days hands-on make-up training at the school and further home study which will be undertaken in your own time.
A portfolio of evidence which includes case studies is to be submitted by the student and will be verified by the school and VTCT in order to gain your certificate. This home study programme includes both theory and written work; you will be guided by the VTCT assessment and course books.
This course provides flexibility when learning make-up artistry and is perfect for those wishing to learn the classic day, evening, bridal and special occasion make-up styles.
You will be required to attend an assessment day 6 to 8 weeks after your initial 2 day training to undertake 3 separate make-up assessments on 3 different models which you are required to provide. You will also undertake 2 theoretical papers on this assessment day.
We request that your portfolio of evidence is handed in within 6 months of your initial course start date.
Only a 20% Deposit is required to secure your place on this course if the course start date is more than 1 calendar month away. International students will need to pay an International student fee. Any courses with a start date less than one calendar month away will be required to pay full balance. To discuss payment plan options, please call the administration team on 020 7776 9766.
On this course you will master 3 key make-up looks; natural/day make-up, bridal make-up and an evening make-up. You will also be taken through the work and make-up looks that will need to be completed at home in order to build your portfolio which will be handed in for assessment.
When you return for your assessment day, you will be assessed on the 3 key looks that you learnt in class, a day, bridal and evening make-up look on 3 separate models. You will also need to sit two multiple choice papers, where a 70% pass mark is needed.
On the two days at the school, alongside learning the 3 key make-up looks, the course includes the following core knowledge:
- THE KIT/HEALTH/HYGIENE/SAFETY/PROFESSIONALISM – Introduction to industry knowledge/the kit/tools of the trade/make-up brands and where to buy certain products/decanting & palettes
- WORK STATION - How to set up a professional make-up artist work station
- CONSULTATION – Intro to the face chart/treatment plan/skin analysis, How to prepare the client/superficial cleanse, Professional ethics/hygiene continued emphasising Client Care & Consultation posture/positioning
- COLOUR THEORY - Explain the colour wheel/colour combinations and construction
- FACIAL ARCHITECTURE - Face shapes and eye shapes/contouring – the interplay between light and dark
Assessment dates will be arranged via the school office, please note that if you are required to retake a practical assessment on a separate assessment date, this will incur an extra charge of £30.We require 14 days notice if you would like to cancel or re-schedule your assessment date. Failure to do so will incur a cancellation charge of £30.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive the following qualification:
- VTCT NVQ Level 2 Foundation Make-up Certificate
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- No previous make-up experience required.
- You will need your own set of professional make-up brushes and brush cleaner to attend this course. These items are available on check-out and not included in the course cost.
- An excellent level of English is required for our make-up courses. You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- This course is not available to International students. Only UK & EU students are able to study this course.