FREELANCE HAIR & MAKE-UP LECTURER
How did you get into make-up & hair artistry?
I have always admired creativity and beauty since I was young age and I love doing anything with my hands so chose this career and started when I was teenager.
What do you enjoy the most about your job?
I often get asked this question and I thought about what I enjoy the most…for me, it is not about what job itself, it is down to people I work with. When I work with incredibly talented and caring people, that will be the job that I enjoy the most.
What area of the industry do you specialise in?
I actually worked for all different area of this industry but I am specialising in more creative work such as avant garde hair & make-up.
What has been your career highlight to date and why?
There are multiple things in my career but if I have to choose one, that will be make-up design for Chicago musical because it was my first design job and I thoroughly enjoyed it and more design job followed after that one.
What do you love about teaching at LSBM?
It is great atmosphere here and everyone is friendly and happy to help. Students are happy learning all different aspects.
What advice do you have for someone looking to enter the industry as a hair and make-up artist?I usually recommend make-up students to learn hair as well because that can open a lot more doors of opportunities in this industry. If you have strong skills for both hair&make-up, that will help you to go for any area of this industry and keep you busy.
What are your top 5 products and why?
- Nars Nico - It really soften lines, open pores…usually use this one to finish off the look for beauty make-up.
- Shu Uemura Goat Hair Foundation Brush - it is my essential brush to apply base when my client have uneven skin texture. life saver.
- Bobbi Brown BB Palette - It is the most convenient things to carry in your kit as it has multiple colours of foundation and concealer.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer - It is creamy but has good coverage, amazing.
- Mac Face & Body - lightest foundation, really great for body.