CIDESCO International Beauty Therapy Diploma & SPA Programme
The CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Diploma is the most prestigious international beauty qualification in the world. This highly regarded course ensures that graduates are among the elite of their profession. The programme is split into four main qualifications; CIBTAC Aesthetics, CIBTAC Body Therapy, CIDESCO Beauty Therapy Diploma. Students will study the CIBTAC Beauty Therapy Diplomas for the first 28 weeks of study, then move onto the CIDESCO Beauty Diplomas for the remaining 19 weeks.
Students will also participate in our commercial salon 'LSBM Salon & Spa' once they have reached a certain level of competency with their practical skills, and will provide treatments to paying clients alongside our professional therapists.
This course will leave you highly employable with the world as your oyster as a therapist. You will also be able to work internationally as CIDESCO is recognised in over 40 countries over 5 continents, providing you with a global passport to a lifetime career in Beauty.
International students requiring a visa are not eligible to study this course.
Only a 25% Deposit is required to secure your place on this course if the course start date is more than 1 calendar month away. International students will need to pay an International student fee. Any courses with a start date less than one calendar month away will be required to pay full balance. To discuss payment plan options, please call the administration team on 020 7776 9766.
CIBTAC Aesthetics Treatment Diploma
- Manicure (regular painting techniques, french polish, hand massage and warm oil / paraffin wax nourishing treatments)
- Pedicure (regular painting techniques, french polish, foot scrub and foot massage)
- Facial massage, mixing and application of face masques, steaming and extraction
- Waxing (hot bees wax and strip methods)
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting and shaping
- Professional make-up from day and evening, through to bridal looks
- Electrical facial treatments (Micro-current – non-surgical lift, Vacuum Suction, Galvanic – deep cleansing and Facial Faradic E.M.S.)
CIBTAC Body Therapy Diploma
- Swedish Body Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Indian Head Massage
- Figure Analysis
- Electrical Body Treatments (Vacuum Suction, Galvanic, Faradic E.M.S, G5 Massage and Infrared)
CIDESCO Beauty Therapy
CIDESCO International Beauty Therapy Diploma
- Diet & Nutrition
- Skin & Dermatology
- Make-up Application
- Chemistry & Cosmetic Science
- Case Study of Students Choice
- Business Plan Creation & CV Writing
- Interview Techniques
- Aromatherapy – an introductory study into the extraction, distillation and blending of thirty essential oils from plants, plus relevant massage movements.
- Reflexology – you will be introduced to the five energy concepts and meridians of Chinese medicine; the underlying history and philosophy of Reflexology; reflex areas in the foot and their connection to the body’s systems, pressure-point massage and the contra-indications.
In addition to this standard curriculum, this course also incorporates training in:
- Tanning – manual application
- Indian Head Massage – you will receive a fully recognised qualification through VTCT
- MURAD® – Blemish Control, Soothing & Relaxing, Anti-Ageing, Vitamin C Infusion and Resurgence Renewal Facials
- Thalgo® Slimming and Firming Body Wraps
- Artistic Gel® – the ultimate long-lasting, gloss soak-off gel polish
LSBM Spa Programme
- Salud Per Aqua (health through water)
- Stone Therapy
- Spa Water Treatments – Hydrotherapy | Steam | Sauna | Hammam | Vichy shower | Tepidarium 35C Warm Beds
- Body Exfoliation - Wraps | Slimming Treatments | Herb Burner | Heat Therapy and UV light
- Physics of Water
- Maintenance and Hygiene of Spa
- Professional Ethics in Spa Management
Commercial Salon Experience
Students will also participate in our commercial salon* 'LSBM Salon & Spa' once they have built up a certain level of competency with treatments. Our salon is run by professional therapists and is open throughout the year, therefore we have a large client base for both our professional therapists and our student therapists.
* Although the ‘normal’ study hours are 9am–5pm, you will also be required to practice your treatments in our student salon on a fairly regular basis, which will include late nights. In the case of late nights, time off in lieu is granted, usually by means of a later start time.
There is an intensive period of revision for all subject areas in preparation for the CIBTAC and CIDESCO exams. The CIDESCO exam will require a 4000-word thesis about an area of beauty you would like to further explore, this will be presented at your final examination.
In your final week of study, your CIDESCO practical exam will incorporate Beauty Therapy into their treatments, students who fail any part of the Beauty Therapy examination will not be able to take any further exams. Any students confronted with this situation will be able to re-take their exams with our next intake of CIDESCO students.
Once the examinations are complete, you will be required to have 600 hours of salon experience before receiving the CIDESCO Diplomas. These hours can be achieved during your first job in any professional salon or spa in the world, provided you have the right to work in that country.
On successful completion of the course, students will receive 5 individual qualifications:
- CIBTAC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy services
- CIBTAC Level 3 Award in Facial Electrotherapy treatments
- CIBTAC Level 3 Certificate in Body Therapy services
- CIDESCO Beauty Therapy International Diploma
- VTCT Level 3 Indian Head Massage
- LSBM Certificate for the Application of Gel Polish
- The minimum age for entry to this qualification is 18 years - no exceptions.
- No previous experience required, although a good general education is essential for this demanding course.
- An excellent level of English is required. You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently. You may be asked to sit an entry test to study for this qualification.
- An interview with a CIDESCO lecturer is required for entry onto this course.
- International students requiring a visa are not eligible to study this course.