CIBTAC means Confederation of International Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology.
CIDESCO means Comité International d’Esthétique et de Cosmétologie.
General Manager means the individual who will have the day to day responsibility for the administration, running of courses and the students of the school.
Managing Director means the individual who is in charge of the school and has ultimate responsibility for all issue which may arise within the school.
Student Salon means the space within the school within which outsiders/customers can attend and can receive treatments or spa therapy provided by students by part of their course.
The Course means any course of study offered by the school which will lead to an award of a diploma and or certificate.
The School means LSBM Limited trading as The London School of Beauty and Make-up. Registered office address is 18-19 Long Lane, London, United Kingdom, EC1A 9PL, with Company Number: 07510093.
The Student means the individual (you) who has enrolled in a course with LSBM Ltd and has completed the appropriate course enrolment documents and has paid a deposit and any associated fees.
1. To enrol on a Course, Students are required to pay a deposit which will be deducted from the total Course fee. Upon the confirmation of this enrolment, the Student is liable to pay the balance of the total fee for the Course prior to the confirmed course start date.
2. All fees quoted attract and are including VAT (UK Government Tax) at the current rate. All fees must be received by the School without deduction, therefore any overseas/UK bank charges will automatically be added to the final balance payable. Educational Courses are not exempt from VAT nor can VAT be claimed back by overseas Students.
3. Total Course cost includes Course fee, any registration and exam fees by the awarding body and any Course materials required for the Course for example: uniform, textbooks and kit. Confirmation of cost breakdowns will be provided to the student in the form of an invoice.
4. In the event of non-attendance on the confirmed Course, or non- completion of the Course (for example: personal problems, illness, change of mind, relocation, pregnancy, illness or death in the family, change in personal circumstances, failure to
secure a loan etc.) for any reason other than the unlikely event that the Course is cancelled by the School, no refunds of fees or deposits will be made and no entitlement to a later date Course will be granted. Your deposit forms part of the Course fee.
5. All deposits are non-refundable. Fees are not refundable if the Course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or terrorist act. Course fees, deposits and other payments are non-transferable.
6. In the event a Student cancels their Course less than 60 days before the Course’s commencement date, then all monies paid up to that point will be non-refundable.
7. If a refund is applicable, then any refund paid out will incur a 10% administration charge of its value. For international refunds, the refund about will be paid in GBP and could be subject to any international bank charges being deducted from the refunded amount.
8. A Student is accepted for enrolment on and subject to the conditions that the Student will attend on the date (the commencement date) and at the time specified in the confirmation letter which will be sent to the Student upon receipt of the completed application form together with the correct deposit.
9. Students/applicants will only receive confirmation letter of Course booking upon receipt of deposit payment plus relevant International Student fee. Payment plans are available for all Courses over 12 weeks in length, this service will incur a 3% administration fee to the remaining balance after deposit has been paid.
10. The balance of the full Course fee is to be paid no less than 30 days prior to the commencement date, unless a payment plan is in place. Failure to pay the balance by the due date, may result in the deposit being forfeited and the Students place being opened for re-sale. Students who have a payment plan, must make all their payments on the agreed pre-set dates. Late or non-payment may result in the payment plan being discontinued. If discontinued, the Student will then become liable for the full balance outstanding and this will be payable within 7 working days.
11.Upon notification of the commencement date, no variation in the Course date will be permitted, without full payment of any outstanding balance which might be due. At least 30 day’s written notice will be required by the School of any variation. The School reserves the right to change and confirm another date – subject to availability. Courses must be taken up within one year of the original booking.
12.If your chosen replacement Course is of a higher value, you will be asked to pay any difference. If it is of a lesser value, please note that there will be no monetary refund of the difference. However, the difference may be used as a credit against another Course. In the event that there is an outstanding balance at the end of your Course, the School reserves the right to withhold certification until payment is made.
13. The School will not agree to a Course being deferred once it has started, except in very extenuating circumstances.
14. Once your Course has commenced, if you are unable to continue with the current Course, then there is no entitlement to defer to a later course start date.
15. The School reserves the right to request that you enrol in a different Course in the event the Student is unable to keep up with the Course or is finding the same difficult.
16. The School reserves the right to alter any Course dates and reschedule them but will endeavour to give at least 48 hours’ notice. No refund entitlement will be due and deferral shall be based on the most appropriate course date options available.
17.For the purpose of ensuring that all Courses are up to date the School reserves the right to alter curricula and syllabi without prior notice and at its sole discretion. We will endeavour to inform students of any above changes within 48 hours.
18. Students are required to attend on the first day of their Course or module at the time stated in their confirmation letter. Failure to attend the first day of your Course, or module (without good reason) will preclude you from attending any further part of that Course or module and you will not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid or offered an alternative start date or Course.
19. For assessment-based Courses, you must have a minimum of 80% attendance for teaching in the classroom for each subject/module. You must also have 100% attendance in the Student Salon. You will be required to spend additional time after the Course in the Salon or re-join the next Course to meet this requirement otherwise it will preclude you from being assessed and qualified. For examination-based Courses, you must have at least 80% attendance and 100% salon hours. In addition, if you miss more than 100 hours in total on either a CIBTAC or CIDESCO Course, you will not be registered for examination, you will not be registered for examination, as per the awarding bodies exam prerequisites.
20.As all Courses are of a continuous nature, no allowance for lateness or absenteeism will be made except with the prior consent by the Managing Director. The Managing Director also reserves the right to dismiss any Student giving justifiable cause for such action. Their decision in all such matters will be deemed as final.
21.It is not the responsibility of the School or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for Students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason.
22.Students failing to complete their assessments, variations, ranges etc, during the term of their Course will be charged by the hour for any further teaching, supervision and assessments. These sessions will be at the convenience of the School. The current rate charged for any further teaching, supervision and assessments is available from the Administration department.
23.For assessment-based Courses, it may be necessary for you to join in during the next intake to complete work and assessments missed.
24.For exam retakes there will be a retake fee. For any refresher training required there will be a fee. Check with the Administration Department for the current rates.
25.Classes will commence promptly at the published times, irrespective of whether all Students are present. Classes will not be delayed waiting for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the Managing Director without prior notice.
26.The School will be closed on all UK public holidays. If a public holiday falls during your Course, no extra days will be added to your Course or reduction in fees given. We have accounted for these days within our teaching plan.
27.Paying for and/or attending a Course fully does not guarantee a qualification, diploma or certificate of achievement. Awards of achievement are gained by the successful fulfilment of the criteria set out by the various awarding bodies.
28.Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays, and planned weddings, medical appointments etc., must be discussed and agreed before application. The School recommends that all absence be avoided where possible.
29.It is your responsibility to apply for the relevant visa, allow sufficient time before your Course starts for your visa process, and have the required documentation for your visa application.
30.The School is not and does not have a visa agent therefore you are required to get the correct and most up to date information from the UK Visa and Immigration website.
31.All International Students are required to have a telephone/ Zoom interview before booking on to a Course.
32.International Students are required to pay a 25% non-refundable deposit plus relevant International Student fees to hold their place. Confirmation letters will only be provided after this has been paid. Please refer to refunds for information on unsuccessful visa applications.
33.It is our duty to report to the UK Border Agency and the Home Office, if Students fail to turn up for their respective Course or are continually absence.
34.Students making arrangements for payment of Course fees through overseas banks must ensure that either the fees, or proof of payment from their bank, accompany their application form. We advise Students to mark requests to their banks for foreign exchange as ‘Priority’, being of an educational nature. Bank drafts should be directed to LSBM Ltd, 18-19 Long Lane, London EC1A 9PL.
35.It is vitally important that the remitting bank quotes the full name of the attending student on the details of payment. All bank charges must be prepaid in order that the School receives the amount in full.
36.When paying fees by a direct debit transfer of credit, you must send an application form by email or post to the School in advance. State the amount of the transfer clearly on the application form along with the bank details and/or reference number.
37.In the event your visa application is denied 3 weeks prior to the Course start date, you have one opportunity to defer your booking to the next available intake. Alternatively, you can request a refund of your deposit. In those circumstances the School will deduct a 10% administration fee. You must provide your UKVI decision letter as proof of your visa application being unsuccessful.
38.You must notify the administration office 2 weeks prior to the Course start date regarding whether your visa application has been accepted or not. Failing to do so, your Course booking will be cancelled, and deposit will be forfeited.
39.Due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras or mobile recording phone recording devices are not permitted to be used in the School or during classes. Audio recording equipment may be permitted by specific arrangement.
40.The wearing of the School’s uniform is required for all Students unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the ‘Dress Code and Centre Policy Guidelines’ for full details.
41.All Course contents, their elements, tutors and fees are subject to change without any prior notice to Students at the discretion of the School.
42.Employer’s Guarantee – If any Student is employed or is sponsored by any other organisation, then the School agrees not to openly or directly solicit that Student for the purposes of employment, whilst they are a Student at the School.
43.In the event the Student requires additional learning support, interpreters and or sign language assistance, then this will be at the Student’s own expense. In this situation the Student will be expected to notify the School in advance before booking on the Course.
44.These conditions along with the School’s General Terms and Conditions and the Centre Policy Guidelines (issued separately on request) form the main part of this contract between the School and Students and should be read by all Students. No variation to these terms are acceptable unless agreed in writing by the Managing Director of the School.
45.If models are required to be sourced for CIBTAC or CIDESCO exams or for assessments that need to be completed outside of the Course dates for any exams or additional assessments, it will be the responsibility of the Student to make arrangements for the same. If the Student requires the Schools assistance in connection with this, then there will be a daily fee payable and 2 weeks’ notice will be required. Please contact the Administration office for fees.
46.Students are reminded that whilst they are Students of the School, they will be expected to act in a professional manner and be in uniform when attending events or during work experience.
47.If you require your name to be changed on your certificates (other than because of an error made by the School), there will be a fee payable. You may be asked to provide proof of ID by the applicable exam bodies.
48.If you require a replacement certificate, you will need to contact the relevant awarding body. This will incur a fee to the Student.
49.If any Student behaves improperly on the School’s premises, including but not limited to any form of cheating, bullying, gross misconduct, damages or removes any equipment belonging to the School, then the Student will be subject to a disciplinary process, the result of which may be the expulsion from the School with no recompense being given.
50.The School is registered under Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z3631844. This means that we will not share any of your details with third parties apart from the details required by any awarding bodies for the purpose of registration and certification.
52.These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
2022 The London School of Beauty & Make-Up 18-19 Long Lane, London EC1A 9PL+44 207 776 9766