THE LONDON SCHOOL OF BEAUTY & MAKE-UP COURSES
FEES, ENROLMENT & REFUNDS
1. All fees quoted attract and are including VAT (UK Government Tax) at the current rate. All fees must be received by the School without deduction, therefore any overseas/UK bank charges will automatically be added to the final balance payable. Educational courses are not exempt from VAT nor can VAT be claimed back by overseas students.
2. In the event of nonattendance on the confirmed course, or completion of the course for any reason other than the unlikely event that the course is cancelled by the school, (for example: personal problems, illness, change of mind, relocation, pregnancy, illness or death in the family, change in personal circumstances, failure to obtain a visa or a loan etc.) no refunds of fees or deposits will be made and no entitlement to a later-date course will be granted.
3. All deposits are non-refundable under any circumstances.
4. A student is accepted for enrolment on and subject to the conditions that the student will attend on the date (the commencement date) and at the time specified in the confirmation letter which will be sent to the student upon receipt of the completed application form together with the correct deposit.
5. Applicants will only receive a confirmation letter of course booking upon receipt of deposit payment plus relevant International student fee.
6. The balance of the full course fee is to be paid no less than 30 days prior to the commencement date unless a payment plan is in place. Failure to pay the balance by the due date may result in the deposit being forfeited and your place being opened for re-sell.
7. Upon notification of the commencement date, no variation in the course date will be permitted without full payment of any outstanding balance and at least 30 day’s written notice is received by the School, we reserve the right to change and confirm another date – subject to availability. Courses must be taken up within one year of the original booking.
8. If your chosen replacement course is of a higher value, you will be asked to pay any difference. If it is of a lesser value please note that there would be no monetary refund of the difference, however, it can be used against a further course.
9. Courses cannot be deferred once started, except in extenuating circumstances.
10. In the event you are unable to continue with your current course, there is no entitlement to defer to a later course start date once your course has already started.
11. We reserve the right to discuss with you and change your course if we feel you may be finding it difficult.
12. Fees are not refundable if the course is interrupted or cancelled through an act of God or terrorist act.
13. Course fees, deposits and other payments are non-transferable.
14. Payment plans are available for all courses over 12 weeks in length, this service will incur a 3% administration fee to the remaining balance after deposit has been paid.
15. Your deposit forms part of the course fee.
16. Total course cost includes course fee, any registration and exam fees by the awarding body and any course materials required for the course for example: uniform, textbooks and kit.
17. In the event that there is an outstanding balance at the end of your course, we reserve the right to withhold certification until payment is made.
18. The London School of Beauty and Make-up reserves the right to alter any course dates and reschedule them but will endeavour to give at least 48 hours notice.
19. For the purpose of ensuring that all courses are up to date LSBM reserves the right to alter curricula and syllabi without prior notice and the sole discretion of LSBM Limited.
HOURS, ATTENDANCE & ACHIEVEMENT
1. Students are required to attend on the first day of their course or module at the time stated in their confirmation letter. Failure to attend the first day of your course, or module will preclude you from attending any further part of that course or module and you will not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid or offered an alternative start date or course.
2. For assessment-based courses, you must have a minimum of 80% attendance for teaching in the classroom for each subject/module. You must also have 100% attendance in the Student Salon. You will be required to spend additional time after the course in the Salon or re-join the next course to meet this requirement otherwise it will preclude you from being assessed and qualified. For examination-based courses, you must have at least 80% attendance. And 100% salon hours. In addition, if you miss more than 100 hours in total on either a CIBTAC or CIDESCO course, you will not be registered for examination.
3. As all courses are of a continuous nature, no allowance for lateness or absenteeism will be made except with prior consent by the Principle and General Manager, who also reserve the right to dismiss any student giving justifiable cause for such action. Their decisions in all such matters will be deemed as final.
4. It is not the responsibility of the School or individual teachers to provide additional teaching hours for students to ‘catch up’ on education missed due to lateness or absenteeism for whatever reason.
5. Students failing to complete their assessments, variations, ranges etc. during the term of their course will be charged by the hour for any further teaching/supervision/assessing. These sessions will be at the convenience of the School. Check with the Administration department for the current rates.
6. For assessment-based courses, it may be necessary for you in join in during the next intake to complete work and assessments missed.
7. For exam retakes there will be a retake fee, for any refresher training required there will be a fee. Check with the Administration department for the current rates.
8. Classes will commence promptly at the published times, irrespective of whether all students are present. Classes will not be delayed to wait for latecomers, and teachers are not responsible for repeating work missed. Latecomers may be requested to wait until a suitable break in teaching before entering a class. Class hours can be varied at the discretion of the Principle and General Manager without prior notice.
9. The School will be closed on all UK public holidays. If a public holiday falls during your course, no extra days will be added to your course or reduction in fees given, we have accounted for these days with in our teaching.
10. Paying for and/or attending a course fully does not guarantee a qualification, diploma or certificate of achievement. Awards of achievement are gained by the successful fulfilment of the criteria set out by the various awarding bodies. The decision of the Principle and General Manager are final in all cases.
11. Time off for official religious holidays, booked holidays, and planned weddings, medical appointments etc. must be discussed and agreed before application. We recommend that all absence be avoided where possible.
1. It is your responsibility to apply for the relevant visa, allow sufficient time before your course starts for your visa process, and have the required documentation for your visa application.
2. The school is not and does not have a visa agent therefore you are required to get the correct and most up to date information from the UK Visa and Immigration website.
3. All International students are required to have a telephone interview before booking on to a course.
4. International students are required to pay 25% non-refundable deposit plus relevant International student fee to hold their place. Confirmation letters will only be provided after this has been paid. Please refer to refunds for information on successful visa applications.
5. It is our duty to report to the UK border agency and visa and immigration Students who fail to turn up to the course or has continual absence.
6. Students making arrangements for payment of course fees through overseas banks must ensure that either the fees, or proof of payment from their bank, accompany their application form. We advise students to mark requests to their banks for foreign exchange as ‘Priority’, being of an educational nature. Bank drafts should be directed to LSBM Ltd, 18-19 Long Lane, London EC1A 9PL.
7. It is vitally important that the remitting bank quotes the full name of the attending student on the details of payment. All bank charges must be prepaid in order that The London School of Beauty and Make-up receives the amount in full.
8. When paying fees by a direct debit transfer of credit, you must send an application form by mail or fax to the School in advance. State the amount of the transfer clearly on the application form along with the bank details and/or reference number.
9. In the event your visa application is denied 30 days prior to the start date, you have one opportunity to defer your booking to the next available intake. Alternatively, you can request a refund of your deposit, LSBM will deduct a 10% administration fee. The International Student fee is non-refundable. You must provide your UKVI decision letter as proof of your visa application being unsuccessful.
10. You must notify the administration office 2 weeks prior to the course start date regarding whether your visa application has been accepted or not. Failing to do so, your course booking will be cancelled and deposit will be forfeited.
1. It is regretful that due to the possibility of copyright infringement, the use of video cameras is not permitted. Audio recording equipment may be permitted by specific arrangement.
2. The wearing of the School’s uniform is required for all students unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the ‘Dress Code and Centre Policy Guidelines’ for full details.
3. All course contents, their elements, tutors and fees are subject to change without any prior notice to Students at the discretion of the School.
4. Employer’s guarantee – it is our continued policy in the case of any student who is employed or sponsored by any other organisation, not to openly or directly solicit that student for the purposes of employment, whilst that student is attending a The London School of Beauty and Make-up course.
5. For additional learning support such as interpreters and sign language assistance, this will be at you’re at the learners own expense please make the Administration office aware before booking on to a course.
6. These conditions form the main part of the contract between the School and the Student. The Centre Policy Guidelines (issued separately on request) also form part of this contract and should be read by all students. Only the Managing Director shall be authorised to alter or waive any of the aforementioned terms and conditions.
7. If models are required to be sourced for CIBTAC or CIDESCO exams or for assessments that need to be completed outside of the course dates for any exams or additional assessments it will be the responsibility of the student to provide. If the student requires the schools assistance with this there will be a daily fee and 2 weeks’ notice will be required. Please contact the Administration office for fees.
8. Events – whilst attending events and work experience during your course, you will be representing the school. It is important that you act in a professional manner and are in uniform.
9. If you require your name to be changed on your certificates (other than School error), there will be a fee payable, you may need to provide documentation for the awarding body.
10. If you require a replacement certificate, you will need to contact the relevant awarding body, this will incur a fee to the graduate.
1. If any student behaves improperly on the School’s premises including but not limited to any form of cheating, bullying, gross misconduct, damages or removes any equipment belonging to the School you will be asked to leave immediately and no recompense will be given.
DATA PROTECTION ACT
2. The London School of Beauty and Make-up is registered under Data Protection Act 1998, registration number Z3631844. This means that we will not share any of your details with third parties apart from the details required by the awarding bodies for the purpose of registration and certification.
2019 The London School of Beauty & Make-Up 18-19 Long Lane, London EC1A 9PL+44 207 776 9766