In light of Brexit changes the Short Term Study visa no longer exists, instead this has been replaced with an updated Standard Visitor visa. Please note we can no longer accept students on a Short Term Study visa or a Student visa (formally Tier 4 visa).

To check if you require a visa to study in the UK click here: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa


If you are interested in one of our courses please check in advance that we accept International students on a Standard Visitor visa onto that particular course, this information will be found on the Entry Requirements tab on the course page.

All International students must have a telephone interview so that we can access your level of English before you can book on.

International students will be required to pay 25% deposit to book and hold your place on the course. The School will then send to you your enrolment letter and invoice to prove you are booked on to the course, you will need this documentation for your visa application.

From 2022, International Students will also need to pay an International Student Fee when booking, this will amount to:

  • £100 fee for the following courses – Level 2 Facial & Skin Care, Level 3 Facial Electrotherapy, Level 4 Certificate in LASER & IPL Treatments and Level 2 & 3 Combined Facial & Skin Care.
  • £250 fee for the following courses – Level 2 & 3 Combined Beauty Therapy Diploma, Level 2 Beauty Therapy, Level 3 Beauty Therapy and CIBTAC.

Your remaining course fees are due one month before your course starts, and only after you have received your visa.

The School does not have a visa service, you are responsible for your visa application and documentation required, you will need to allow enough time for your visa application. We recommend applying as soon as you can for your visa, the application window opens 3 months ahead of your course start date. Please contact us for International cut off dates.

Please be advised that we are registered as UR Make-up & Beauty LLP on the Sponsor School List.

Please note that international students requiring a visa are not able to book onto the following courses:


You can visit the UK to study for up to 6 months at an accredited institution, to complete a short course of study which is up to 6 months. A Standard Visitor visa costs £95.

If you need a visa, you must apply online before you come to the UK. The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.


You must show that:

·         you’ll leave the UK at the end of your visit

·         you’ll not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK your main home

·         you’re able to support yourself and your dependants during your trip (or have funding from someone else to support you)

·         you’re able to pay for your return or onward journey (or have funding from someone else to pay for the journey)

·         you have proof of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK, as allowed by the Visitor Rules

You must prove one of the following:

·         you’ve been accepted onto a course of no more than 6 months provided by an accredited UK institution (this cannot be an academy or state-funded school)

·         you’re at least 16 years old and have been accepted by a UK higher education institution to take part in research that’s relevant to the course you’re studying overseas

·         you’re at least 16 years old and are doing an ‘elective’ (an optional additional placement) as part of an overseas medicine, veterinary medicine and science, or dentistry course

Documents you’ll need:

You must provide a passport or travel document. Your passport should be valid for the whole of your stay in the UK and contain a blank page for your visa.

You’ll be told what other documents and information to provide when you apply online.

You must provide certified translations of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.

You’ll need to provide the following information:

·         the dates you’re planning to travel to the UK

·         details of where you’ll be staying during your visit

·         how much you think your trip will cost

·         your current home address and how long you’ve lived there

·         your parents’ names and dates of birth (if known)

·         how much you earn in a year (if you have an income)

·         details of any criminal, civil or immigration offences you may have committed

You might also need to provide:

·         details of your travel history for the past 10 years

·         your employer’s address and telephone number

·         your partner’s name, date of birth, and passport number

·         the name and address of anyone paying for your trip

·         the name, address and passport number of any family members you have in the UK

Taken from UKVI website, December 2020.

For more information on the Standard Visitor Visa please visit: https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa  


The school does not provide students with accommodation, please go to our Student Accommodation page – https://beauty-school.co.uk/student-accommodation/ for a list of student halls close to the school.

For more information on visa application processes and where to apply, please click here – https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa visit the UK Home Office Website.

This school is accredited by ASIC to provide courses which require Standard Visitor visas in order for you to study – ASIC Accreditation Service for International Colleges. We are listed as The London School of Beauty & Make-up, our accreditation number is AS84987 / 0308.

Banner Logos White