CIBTAC Beauty Therapy Diploma
The CIBTAC Beauty Therapy Diploma course is ideal for those who wish to study both Aesthetic and Body treatments to a high standard and gain a qualification that is recognised and accepted as an international prestigious award of competence in the industry. The qualification is recognised in over 30 countries where you may wish to gain work immediately, or subject to interview and visa requirements, continue your studies with the CIDESCO International Beauty Therapy Diploma & SPA Programme. LSBM also include an exclusive additional VTCT Level 3 Indian Head Massage Qualification and a highly respected LSBM certificate in Hot Stone Therapy, and Gel Polish Application.
Students are taught in a friendly, professional environment to the highest industry standards in all aspects of beauty therapy. As well as the general course of study, students will be set regular homework and assignments to complete during the course, along with practical experience in our commercial salon - LSBM Salon & Spa, where you will undertake treatments on paying clients.
Upon graduation, you will be fully employable as an aesthetic and body therapist, will excellent career opportunities, and the option for further study on our Level 4 courses.
Only a 25% Deposit is required to secure your place on this course if the course start date is more than 1 calendar month away. International students will need to pay an International student fee. Any courses with a start date less than one calendar month away will be required to pay full balance. To discuss payment plan options, please call the administration team on 020 7776 9766.
- Manicure – regular painting techniques, french polish, hand massage and warm oil/paraffin wax nourishing treatments
- Pedicure – regular painting techniques, french polish, deluxe spa, foot scrub and massage
- Facial and Skin Care – incorporating massage, mixing and application of face masques, steaming and extraction, product knowledge
- Waxing – using both hot bees wax and strip wax methods
- Eyes – including eyelash and eyebrow tinting and shaping, application of false eyelashes and professional make-up from day and evening looks, through to bridal techniques
- Electrical Facial Treatments – including Micro-current non-surgical lift, Vacuum Suction, Galvanic and Faradic E.M.S. machines
- Artistic Gel Application for Manicure and Pedicure
- Swedish Body Massage
- Figure Analysis
- Electrical Body Treatments – including Micro-current, Vacuum Suction, Galvanic, Faradic E.M.S. (‘Slendertone’), G5 massage and infrared
- Anatomy and Physiology of the whole body
- Client Consultation
- Contraindications to therapies
- Retail Sales
- Salon Management Fundamentals
- Product Knowledge
- Diet and Nutrition
- Basic First Aid
- Business Studies
- Individual Customisation of Treatments
In addition to the standard curriculum, we incorporate the following training
These modules are exclusive to LSBM and are offered as standard
- Tanning – manual application
- Indian Head Massage fully recognised level 3 qualification through VTCT
- Hot Stone Therapy
- Thalgo – slimming and firming body wraps
- MURAD – Blemish Control, Soothing & Relaxing, Anti-Ageing and Vitamin C, Infusion and Resurgence Renewal Facials
- Artistic Gel – the ultimate long-lasting gloss soak-off gel
Commercial Salon Experience
in the LSBM Salon & Spa
Students will also participate in our student salon* (LSBM Salon & Spa) once they have built up a certain level of competency with treatments. Our salon is run by professional therapists and is open throughout the year, therefore we have a large client base for both our professional therapists and our student therapists.
* Although the ‘normal’ study hours are 9am–5pm, you will also be required to practice your treatments in our student salon on a fairly regular basis, which will include late nights. In the case of late nights, time off in lieu is granted (usually by means of a later start time).
- CIBTAC Level 2 Diploma in Beauty Therapy services
- CIBTAC Level 3 Award in Facial Electrotherapy treatments
- CIBTAC Level 3 Certificate in Body Therapy services
- VTCT Level 3 Indian Head Massage
- LSBM Certificate for the Application of Gel Polish
- LSBM Certificate in Hot Stone Therapy
- A high level of English is required, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently. (Suggestion of TOEFL score of 550 or higher for students when English is not their first language)
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years - no exceptions.
- No previous experience required, although a good general education is essential for this demanding course.
- An informal interview is required for this course, either by phone or in person.
- International students requiring a visa will need to apply for a Short Term Study visa.