MASA AWARD – In Principles of Makeup Design
Our two-week foundation course in the basic beauty principles of make-up artistry is ideal for beginners with no previous experience. The course is accredited by MASA (Make-up Art Standards Authority) and learners will receive a MASA AWARD in Principles of Makeup Design qualification upon successful completion of the course.
- Covering all Health and Safety needed, the role of the Makeup artist, exploring kit contents, product formulations and understanding skincare and skin analysis
- Looks included on the course are Natural, Glam, Bridal, mastering Smokey eyes and classic makeup looks
- Learn how to identify and correct different face and eye shapes to always produce the most flattering of makeup looks on your model / clients
- Study this course as either full-time: Monday – Friday or part-time: Saturdays only or Mondays - Wednesdays
- Taught by industry specialists you will learn the most current industry techniques using our fully stocked professional kit
- Benefit from Unlimited work experience opportunities and Free Masterclass events throughout your course and after
PLEASE NOTEAll prices are inclusive of course fees, mandatory course materials, awarding body registration & exam fees.
- The minimum age for entry to this course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- No previous experience required, although a good general education is essential.
- An excellent level of English is required to attend this course, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- International students will be required to gain a ‘Standard Visitor Visa’.
MASA MAKE-UP PRINCIPLES
- Make-up Artistry Hygiene – understanding the importance of artist hygiene and professional standards
- Make-up Kit & Tools – this covers in detail the make-up, tools, skincare and disposables that you will need to start off a professional kit, and the best ways to pack and transport your kit
- Health, Hygeine & Safety – understand how to safely use and store hazardous chemicals
- Posture and Positioning – how to position your client, and how to work safely around your client
- Client Consultation & Psychology – how to identify and decipher the look your client is requesting
- Skin Science & Consultation – different skin types, conditions, and how to prep the skin before make-up application
- Contraindications and contra-actions – understand how to recognise these as they may restrict or prevent make-up application
- Colour Theory – gain a full understanding of the colour wheel, colour combinations and colour correction
- Facial Architecture & Contouring – how to highlight and shade to redefine the structure of the face
- Priming, Colour Correction & Camouflage – learn the techniques used to create a flawless base application
- Product Performance & Placement – understand how to enhance natural beauty, products to include: foundation, concealer, powder, blusher, eyebrow products, eyeshadows, eyeliners, mascara, lash enhancements and lip products
- Bridal Make-up Artistry – consultation, application and other considerations
- False Lash Application – strip and cluster
- Different Eye Make-up Styles & Techniques
- Face Chart Design & Elements of Inspiration
- Industry Codes of Conduct and Professional Ethics
Please note that Students studying this course on a Saturday will have all bank holiday weekends off, this will include the following Saturdays: 3rd April 2021, 1st May 2021, 29th May 2021, 28th August 2021.
There will be two practical assessments towards the end of the course, learners will be required to submit a portfolio of evidence upon completion of the course.
Upon successful completion of the course, learners will receive the following qualification:
- MASA Award in Make-up Principles
The following items are mandatory and are included in the total course cost.
|MASA Award Registration Fee||£60|
|MASA Face Chart Pad & Colour Wheel||£17.50|
The following items are not included but are highly recommended for this course,
and are available to purchase on the first day of your course.
|MASA Set of 17 Brushes & Brush Belt||£119|