MASA – Beginners Hairstyling
This unique five-day intensive course is ideal for those who wish to acquire additional skills in dressing hair for Bridal, Fashion, Media and TV.
Learners will receive a MASA qualification (Make-up Art Standards Authority) Module Certificate in Fashion & Media Hairstyling.
If you’re a freelance make-up artist it is now more important than ever to offer hair styling services alongside your current make-up services. This course is suitable for those with no prior hair experience and for artists who would like to introduce a hair styling service to their clients.
You will learn all of the core hairstyles and skills needed to work in the industry and offer hair services alongside your current skill set. Having hair skills under your belt will also put you in good stead when wanting to assist more established artists in the Fashion and Beauty Industry.
All hair courses are taught by a practicing freelance make-up and hairstylist, meaning that you will gain the most up-to-date skills and techniques in a professional environment.
There will be a small amount of course work with this module, you will need to produce hair charts and evidence of before and after photographs in order to gain the certificate from MASA but don’t worry your tutor will lead you easily through the paperwork needed to pass.
PLEASE NOTEAll prices are inclusive of course fees, mandatory course materials, awarding body registration & exam fees.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to attend this course
- A good level of English is required to attend this course, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand the English Language
- All kits and products provided on the course for students to use
- In order to attain the certificate of attendance, students must have attended 100% of the teaching time
- Hair Structure & Anatomy- understand the structure of the hair and how to identify condition, density and texture
- Client Care, Products & Hygiene – client consultation, product selection and performance, proper sanitisation of tools
- Equipment & Tools – the correct use of styling tools and tricks of the trade
- Product Training – how to prepare hair with the appropriate products to set the hairstyle
- Blow Drying Techniques – straight & curly
- Roller set and Root Movement Theory
- Pin Curling
- Different Curling Techniques – heated tools
- The Perfect Pony Tail
- Twisting and Pinning Hair
- Preparation for Putting Hair Up
- Understanding Different Hair Lengths and Behaviours
- Bridal Hair Styles & Accessories
- Various Styles for Dressing Long Hair i.e. Chignon, French Pleat, Classic bun
- Back Combing/Brushing
- Hair Pins and Accessories – the different uses of hairpins and accessories
ON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, YOU WILL BE QUALIFIED TO
- Work with private clients
- Provide bridal make-up services
- Work with bridal agencies
- Assist professional make-up artists
- Begin a career as a Bridal make-up specialist
In order to pass the course, each student must have attended 100% of the teaching time.
Photographic work must be included in your portfolio showing all the variations you have achieved. ‘Before’ and ‘After’ shots are required to demonstrate the transformation you have made to the hair.
This course doesn’t cover colouring or cutting.
Hair Models are not provided – practical work is achieved on fellow student classmates and dolly heads.
Please note that Students studying this course on a Saturday will have all bank holiday weekends off, this will include the following Saturdays: 3rd April 2021, 1st May 2021, 29th May 2021 and 28th August 2021.
There is no formal assessment for this course. Learners will receive the following certificate of attendance:
- LSBM Certificate of Attendance in Beginners Hairstyling
- D100 Module Certificate in Fashion & Media Hairstyling
The following items are mandatory and are included in the total course cost.