VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy Diploma
The VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy Diploma will provide you with a well-rounded education for the most commercial aspects of beauty including Manicure & Pedicure, Facials, Waxing, Brow & Lash Treatments.
The course will provide good employment opportunities upon graduation and creates the perfect foundation for further study. You may wish to progress onto the full Level 3 Beauty Therapy Including Spa Treatments course after the completion of your Level 2 to expand your treatment offerings, knowledge and further increase your potential career opportunities.
The Level 2 course can be studied full-time, part-time or on Saturdays providing you with the flexibility to study a course while managing the other commitments in your life.
Students will gain commercial salon experience* in our on-site LSBM Salon & Spa, where all treatments will be provided to paying clients in a professional environment and overseen by your tutor and our Pro Therapists.
Facials and Skincare
- Skin Analysis
- Cleansing, balancing, toning & moisturising
- Steaming, Extraction and Full Facial Massage
- Selecting, mixing and applying tailor-made face masques
- The theory in this module involves the anatomy & physiology of the upper torso; including the muscles, bones, blood and nerve supply
- Theory of the skin
- Two different methods of hair removal; hot bees wax and cream strip wax
- Techniques for waxing all areas of the face and body
- Theory work on hair growth and patterns
- Post treatment care techniques
- Consultation and selling skills
Lash & Brow Treatments
- Patch test techniques
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting
- Eyelash perming techniques
- Eyebrow shaping
Manicure & pedicure
- Maintenance and care techniques for the nails, skin of the hands and feet
- The application of colour to the nails on both hands and feet
- French manicure and pedicure techniques
- Paraffin wax and warm oil treatments
- Application of Artistic Gel polish, a high-gloss long lasting nail polish which is cured under an LED lamp and lasts for up to 14 days chip-free (for Saturday students this will be offered as a CPD course midweek, if students would like to learn Gel Polish. It is not part of the standard Level 2 qualification, but an added bonus that LSBM offer)
- Theory of this unit includes an in-depth study of the structure of the nail as well as the anatomy and physiology of the rest of the lower leg and forearms
- Contraindications to all treatments
- Client consultation & selling techniques
- Salon reception skills and management duties
Commercial salon experience
In the LSBM Salon & Spa
*Although the ‘normal’ study hours are 9am–5pm, you will also be required to practice your treatments in our student salon on a fairly regular basis, the salon hours for weekday students are 11am-7pm, and for Saturday students the hours will remain the same, 10am-4.30pm.
- Saturday 25th August 2018
Assessment includes the completion of a portfolio which will need to be handed in within 6 weeks of completing the course. Practical assessments will be carried out on paying clients in our commercial on-site salon 'LSBM Salon & Spa'.
Upon completion of the course you will receive the following certificate:
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy Studies Diploma
- The minimum age for entry to this beauty therapy diploma course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- No previous experience required, although a good general education is essential for this course.
- An excellent level of English is required to attend this course, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- International students will be required to gain a 'Short-term Study Visa', however, we do not accept International Students for the Saturday course.