VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy Diploma
The VTCT Level 2 Beauty Therapy Diploma will provide you with a well-rounded education for the most commercial aspects of beauty including Manicure & Pedicure, Facials, Waxing, Brow & Lash Treatments.
The course will provide good employment opportunities upon graduation and creates the perfect foundation for further study. You may wish to progress onto the full Level 3 Beauty Therapy Including Spa Treatments course after the completion of your Level 2 to expand your treatment offerings, knowledge and further increase your potential career opportunities.
The Level 2 course can be studied full-time, part-time or on Saturdays providing you with the flexibility to study a course while managing the other commitments in your life.
Students will gain commercial salon experience* in our on-site LSBM Salon & Spa, where all treatments will be provided to paying clients in a professional environment and overseen by your tutor and our Pro Therapists.
Facials and Skincare
- Skin Analysis
- Cleansing, balancing, toning & moisturising
- Steaming, Extraction and Full Facial Massage
- Selecting, mixing and applying tailor-made face masques
- The theory in this module involves the anatomy & physiology of the upper torso; including the muscles, bones, blood and nerve supply
- Theory of the skin
- Two different methods of hair removal; hot bees wax and cream strip wax
- Techniques for waxing all areas of the face and body
- Theory work on hair growth and patterns
- Post treatment care techniques
- Consultation and selling skills
Lash & Brow Treatments
- Patch test techniques
- Eyelash and eyebrow tinting
- Eyelash perming techniques
- Eyebrow shaping
Manicure & pedicure
- Maintenance and care techniques for the nails, skin of the hands and feet
- The application of colour to the nails on both hands and feet
- French manicure and pedicure techniques
- Paraffin wax and warm oil treatments
- Application of Artistic Gel polish, a high-gloss long lasting nail polish which is cured under an LED lamp and lasts for up to 14 days chip-free (for Saturday students this will be offered as a CPD course midweek, if students would like to learn Gel Polish. It is not part of the standard Level 2 qualification, but an added bonus that LSBM offer)
- Theory of this unit includes an in-depth study of the structure of the nail as well as the anatomy and physiology of the rest of the lower leg and forearms
- Contraindications to all treatments
- Client consultation & selling techniques
- Salon reception skills and management duties
Commercial salon experience
In the LSBM Salon & Spa
*Although the ‘normal’ study hours are 9am–5pm, you will also be required to practice your treatments in our student salon on a fairly regular basis, the salon hours for weekday students are 11am-7pm, and for Saturday students the hours will remain the same, 10am-4.30pm.
- Saturday 25th August 2018
- Students starting 7th July full-time will have the following dates off 3rd November until 29th December. They will then start back in class on 5th January 2019. Students from this intake may want to study Level 3 Facial Electrotherapy during this period of time off, or you may want to take it off as a break.
- Students starting 8th September full-time will have the following weeks off 3rd November until 29th December. They will then start back in class on 5th January 2019.
Assessment includes the completion of a portfolio which will need to be handed in within 6 weeks of completing the course. Practical assessments will be carried out on paying clients in our commercial on-site salon 'LSBM Salon & Spa'.
Upon completion of the course you will receive the following certificate:
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy Studies Diploma
- The minimum age for entry to this beauty therapy diploma course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- No previous experience required, although a good general education is essential for this course.
- An excellent level of English is required to attend this course, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- International students will be required to gain a 'Short-term Study Visa', however, we do not accept International Students for the Saturday course.