VTCT Level 3 Facial Electrotherapy Certificate
This VTCT Level 3 Electrotherapy course includes the study and practice with a range of mechanical and electrical treatments for the face that are highly desirable within the industry.
Within this course you will cover the theory that includes the study of electrical currents and equipment, the storage and care of equipment, contraindications to treatments, safety precautions and the psychological effects of the treatments.
You will cover a range of mechanical and electrical treatments for the face such as;
- Microcurrent (non-surgical face lift)
- High Frequency (direct and indirect)
- Vacuum Suction (lymphatic drainage)
- Galvanic (desincrustation and Iontophoresis)
Commercial Salon Experience
LSBM Salon & Spa
Students will also participate in our student salon* (LSBM Salon & Spa) once they have built up a certain level of competency with treatments. Our salon is run by professional therapists and is open throughout the year, therefore we have a large client base for both our professional therapists and our student therapists.
* Although the ‘normal’ study hours are 9am–5pm, you will also be required to practice your treatments in our student salon on a fairly regular basis, which will include late nights. In the case of late nights, time off in lieu is granted (usually by means of a later start time).
Upon completion of the course you will be required to submit a portfolio of evidence, all practical assessments will be performed on paying clients in the LSBM Salon & Spa.
On successful completion you will receive the following qualification;
- VTCT Level 3 in Facial Electrotherapy
- The minimum age for entry to this beauty therapy diploma course is 18 years – no exceptions.
- Level 2 Facials qualification is a prerequisite to this course.
- An excellent level of English is required to attend this course, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English fluently.
- International students will be required to gain a 'Short-term Study Visa'.