- How we collect or obtain personal information about you
- How we process your personal data
- How long we store your personal information
- How we secure your personal information
- Consequences of not providing your personal information to us
- Changes to your personal information
- Disclosing your personal information
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
How we collect or obtain personal information about youWe only collect personal information about you when it is voluntary submitted to us, such as through your use of our website and its features, or when you contact us directly in person, by email, phone, in writing, or via social media.
Enquiry Form Online & In PersonWe will collect personal information including, full name, country of residence, email address and contact number.
Course Booking Online and In PersonWe will collect more detailed personal information to help assist us with your booking including, full name, email, gender, date of birth, telephone number, your full address, country of citizenship and country of nationality. For EU & International students we will also request a copy of your passport and Visa if required. We will also need to hold the personal details of your next of kin, in case we ever need to contact them.
- This information will help us contact you in the future, and will assist us with your enquiry for a course, or will help us to process your course booking with us
- We will retain all personal information disclosed by you to us, we will not seek to append personal data from external sources
- We will never sell your data to third parties
The data collected via the website is held in a highly protected server within Dublin, Ireland and is separate to the rest of the website. This is for added security. This information cannot be accessed over the internet, only through the backend of our website which is password protected and only school administrators have this access. The data we have collected from you will be used to:
- Improve the content and relevance of what we send to you
- Help improve the content we display on our website
- Answer any questions you may have submitted and retain this information to ensure a fast and effective service in the future
- Ensure we remain compliant under the terms of the GDPR
How we process your personal dataWe will use the personal information that you provide to us to help you get the best possible experience from interacting with us as a company.
- We will use the information that you provide to us to answer your enquiry in full, we will also track the conversation and your details via an Excel spreadsheet. This is to help us remember previous communication with you and provide you with the best experience. This spreadsheet is password protected and safely secured on our encrypted server onsite at the school.
- With your permission, we will add your full name and email address to our Email Service Provider ‘Mailchimp’. Mailchimp is held within the US, and are fully compliant with the new GDPR regulations. We will occasionally email you through Mailchimp about special offers, graduate success stories, latest industry news, new course launches or job opportunities. This is usually communicated through our monthly newsletter. You can opt out of receiving these emails at any point via the link at the bottom of all our emails.
- If you visit us on an open day or at any other time and fill out a form, these will be stored in a lockable cabinet, and the information will also be held within our enquiry tracker.
- If you used the enquiry form to contact us online, we will use Office 365 as our email service provider. Each email address at the school has its own personal password to gain access and Office 365 are fully compliant with the new GDPR regulations.
- The information that you provide to us will be used to process your course booking, and we will need to contact you via post, email and sometimes telephone before the course starts. Your personal information will be used in Excel and Word in order for us to process your booking and create a personalised, course specific enrolment letter, course welcome packs, invoices and to create registers for the course to monitor attendance Levels.
- Depending on the course you booked with us, we will also need to use your personal data to register you with the Awarding Body of your chosen course. Our Awarding Bodies are CIDESCO, CIBTAC, VTCT and MASA. We will only use the data that they require to register you as a student, which will ensure you are registered for all exams and papers. They will also need this information to issue you with your Certificate upon course completion.
- International students who have enrolled to study on our CIDESCO International Beauty Therapy Diploma and Spa Program and require a Tier 4 Visa application, your personal information will also be shared with the UK Visa & Immigration office in order to supply you with a CAS number.
- Each student will also have a paper file, this file is kept within a code protected room in a lockable cabinet. All staff members who have access to this cabinet need to access your information in regards to your course and have all signed GDPR paperwork which prohibits the sharing of your personal data outside on the company.
- We also have annual inspections from the International Schools Inspectorate, who do spot check files to ensure we are handling and processing International students in the correct way in regards to the information we hold on you. For example that you have the correct Visa and it is in date. This spot check will always be under the supervision of school staff so no data will be taken or copied.
- Please see links to the Awarding Body Privacy statements here to see how your data is processed once they receive your personal information.
Data SecurityDue to the open nature of the internet, transmitting data to The London School of Beauty & Make-up must only be done via approved data transmission channels. Please ensure there is a padlock in your web address bar, and that you are using a well know web browser such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and so on. We will endeavour to ensure your data is transmitted to us using the best known practice approaches. It’s important to note, any data you send to us is sent at your own risk.
How long we store your personal information
We will store all of your personal information for 5 years, both digital and physical. Every year we have a data cleanse to remove old data which is not relevant anymore, digital data is deleted and any physical files that we hold on you will be shredded using a secure data shredding company. After this point, the Awarding body you used to study your course with will hold lifetime data for any misplaced certificates, or any other queries that may arise in the future regarding your qualification.
How we secure your personal informationAs mentioned above, in order for us to run an efficient business and to provide you with the best possible service, we need to process your personal information in different ways for different purposes. Under the new GDPR guidelines, this information also needs to be secure, and we have taken a number of steps to ensure that all of the data that you provide to The London School of Beauty & Make-up is secure. We ensure the security of your data in the following ways:
- Any sort of digital document including invoice, enrolment letter, payment tracker, welcome pack, personal preferences, and consent documents are held within our own on-site server. Any files containing personal information are kept within a separate drive from everything else which is encrypted, and also password protected. Only data processors at the school have access to this drive and these staff members have signed data protection policies which legally means your data cannot be shared unless we have your permission to do so.
- In addition to your digital file, it is also necessary for the school to hold a paper file, which includes attendance, any written warnings, in school exams, test results and anything which is necessary in relation to you studying a course with us. This is kept within a code protected room within a lockable cabinet. Only certain staff members who have signed relevant GDPR paperwork have access to this information.
- Any personal data which is held on our website which is held in a highly protected server within Dublin, Ireland and is separate to the rest of the website. This is for added security. This information cannot be accessed over the internet, only through the backend of our website which is password protected and only school administrators have this access.
- Any data that is transferred to a third party, is detailed within this document, and we have ensured that these companies are also abiding by the new GDPR relations. We have added links to the privacy policies of these third parties below for ease.
- UK Visa & Immigration
- Kayo Website Server Hosting
- Office 365
- Yumi Lashes
- Made for Life Foundation
- Jot Form
Consequences of not providing your personal information to usWe need your personal information for the nature of our business, if you are not happy to provide this information to us, then we will not be able to answer any enquiries that you may have in terms of a course, or enrol you onto any of our courses.
Changes to your personal informationIf you would like to update your personal information with us, you can do this at any point by emailing us, or by writing to us. We will action this request 10 working days of receiving your request.
Disclosing your personal InformationWe will never disclose your personal information with any other third party than those detailed within this document. We will only pass on the personal information collected if we have a legal obligation to do so.
Your rights in regards to your personal informationThe London School of Beauty & Make-up is working hard to ensure your data is managed lawfully and that we comply with all GDPR regulations. Under the new data protection regulations you have the right to request the following:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (or be forgotten)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automatic decision making and profiling
To exercise your right to access or erasure, please do so in writing or via email. All requests will be responded to in a timely manner within 28 days or the original request.
If you have questions concerning the processing of your personal data you should contact our General Manager, Jo Harris.
Telephone: 020 7776 9766
Postal Address: Jo Harris
The London School of Beauty & Make-up
18-19 Long Lane