Welcome to the London School of Beauty & Make-Up
The London School of Beauty & Make-up was established in 1995 and moved to its current location in 2012. The school became part of the Urban Retreat group of companies in the same year and is devoted exclusively to make-up and beauty therapy education. The school is one of the UK’s largest private educational providers in this sector.
In January 2016, the school incorporated sister company; Urban Retreat to emphasise the link between the salon at Harrods and the school. This link will improve the already high standard of education and will position the school at the forefront of the Beauty Education industry.
With over 45 beauty and make-up courses available, The London School of Beauty & Make-up provides an exceptional level of education, coupled with a real life salon and spa experience. Located in the cosmopolitan, cultural and vibrant city of London, LSBM offers internationally renowned courses by industry leading lecturers and expert guest freelancers.
The school benefits from an onsite commercial salon, spa and IPL medi-suite - 'LSBM Salon & Spa'. With 9 individual, private treatments rooms where clients can book a treatment with a professional or student therapist.
Why not come and visit us at the school? Please click here to find out when our next open day is. We look forward to meeting you.
The London School of Beauty & Make-up
18-19 Long Lane
Telephone: +44 20 7776 9766
LSBM Salon & Spa
Telephone: +44 20 7776 9767
To deliver industry ready graduates through high quality, relevant, beauty & make-up education.
- Central London location
- In-house Student Salon & Spa provides essential practical experience with clients
- Prestigious international reputation with world-class qualifications
- An independent school partnered with leading brands and industry experts
- UK’s most experienced lecturers in the field of expertise
- Hands-on experience at London Fashion Week with our Events Team
- Leading freelance Make-up Artist guest lecturers for MASA Make-up Courses
- Close connections within the beauty industry, brands and beauty leaders
- Automatic membership of the Artistry Network for Make-up Artists
- Sister company to the Urban Retreat Salon at Harrods
- LSBM Events Team attending the best of London’s fashion and beauty events
- Over 500 students per annum
- Guaranteed employment opportunities
- Students from across the globe
- Business Support & Alumni Business Masterclasses
- UK Border Agency Highly Trusted Status and Tier 4 Sponsor Status
- On-site IPL Medisuite
- LSBM Graduate Student Alumni Programme
- CPD courses
- Post Graduate Master Classes in Business and up-skilling
Our highly sought after Events Team have gained invaluable experience working at exclusive venues such as London Fashion Week, Central Saint Martins University of the Arts, Sky TV, The Dorchester Hotel and the BBC. Some of the events we have supported have included Children In Need, Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital Snow Ball, 118 118 Beauty Card Promotion, Central Saint Martins The White Show, Fashion for the Brave, Elite Model Management, Men’s and Women’s Fashion Weeks at the BFC Showspace, Miss Teen Queen UK, The One Show, Barts and London Charity, fashion design launches and numerous TV/Film and Music Production Videos.
Recruitment & Job Opportunities
The school is the first point of call for all Urban Retreat Salon at Harrods recruitment needs and we also offer excellent career opportunities through our close connections within the industry and our Student Alumni Membership. Graduates have worked on; cruise ships, in luxury spas, health clubs, prestigious stores, hotels and as freelancers. A lot of our alumni are now working in senior management roles within the worlds leading salons, spa's and clinics, we also have a number of alumni students who have taken the entrepreneurial path to open up their own salons and businesses. Click here to read our graduate success stories.
Independent School Inspections
The London School of Beauty & Make-up holds the UKBA Highly Trusted Status and is regularly inspected by ASIC, Accreditation Service for International Colleges and the ISI, Independent Schools Inspectorate 2016. Click here to see the ISI Independent School Inspectorate Report 2016.